Tuesday 7 February 2012

Will we ever be hate-free?

It's interesting to see public displays of hatred towards people, more so when it's directed towards you and your best friend. My best friend is called Katie and between us we've got quite a few 'haters'. Some people don't like us simply for the reason their friends don't like us for one reason or another. Some people don't like me because I'm Katie's best friend and some people don't like Katie because she's my best friend. It's interesting because it's all very us and them which is something I'd thought our society had grown out of; clearly not.
I said public displays of hatred as today, our entire team, all of whom are lovely and would never receive this treatment normally, got booed when we won the Tunnelball tournament - this game was for fun and didn't actually count towards anything - purely for the fact they were on the same team as Katie and I. Understandably, they were all quite upset about the outburst but we just rolled our eyes and said "typical" as this is a common occurrence.
The boo-ers then tried to excuse their behaviour by saying that we always won tournaments (this isn't true) and it wasn't fair as we had THREE netball players on our team and that it was therefore an unfair advantage to the other teams. There are 16 players in the squad so, personally, I don't think having 3 on one team is going to give anyone and advantage. Also, Tunnelball is nothing like netball rendering any skills relating to netball useless.  Another point they seemed to have forgotten was that everybody chose their own teams before the tournament and that mine and Katie's team had 2 players less than the other teams so really it was us that were at a disadvantage.

But never mind, to repeat an expression somebody somewhere once said: 'Haters gonna hate'. I'm sure next week I'll have done something else that will provoke them, even though it is the holidays.

Tomorrow may be an off day for this as I am participating in a MENSA test - which will be a good experience for me, plus I get to find out my IQ - and then I have netball training for a regional match on Sunday. So I'll post if I can, if I can't, please continue with doing what you want to as time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment