Monday 6 February 2012

Snow, Twitter, Frozen Peas, Snoizes and Jumpers - Sounds like a pretty average day to me

It's amazing what a difference something as simple as snow can do to people. I've spent the entire day dodging tightly packed balls of ice as I move as fast as I can, without falling, between lessons. However, the snow has now melted and turned to slush which will almost inevitably turn to ice over night which is even worse for walking in (I have to walk down a steep hill to get to the bus stop in the morning - major hazard!)

On another note, I got Twitter today! Still confused by it at the moment but feel free to follow me (@charly_sedici) and you can get more pointless updates about my views on the world as it stands (or spins.. Whatever) I did get mentioned and retweeted by Club Smith, a newly discovered band that I have fallen in love with after seeing them at a Kaiser Chiefs concert I went to on Thursday, which was exciting. I've heard mixed reviews about Twitter so I might not continue with it, I feel it could potentially end in stalking - is that paranoid of me? But hey ho, you've got to try new things in life or it would be really monotonous.

Something I definitely will not be trying is eating frozen peas straight out of the packet though; apparently they are really nice, good for you and make you feel better when you're ill. This golden nugget of information came from a friend on my bus who is a bit eccentric, so I'm always a bit wary when it comes to accepting suggestions from her. What worried me more was the fact that one of my best friends, who I consider to as sane as you can be in your final year of compulsory education, agreed with her and then told me I was weird for thinking it sounded horrible! 

This type of conversation is pretty typical during bus journeys, we once discussed "snoizes" after I said sneeze wrong when Fay (another girl I sit with on the bus) sneezed and Ellen, the relatively sane best friend I mentioned earlier, backed me up by saying that I meant sneezing noise, duh! We then talked about who had the weirdest snoize and whether your eyes really do pop out if you sneeze with them open. Another interesting conversation always stems from a hideous lime green/brown/orange cotton/leather jumper my Chemistry teacher wears at school with a pink shirt - even thinking about the combination gives me the shivers - and why mine and Ellen's Maths teacher refuses to wear a jumper and has his shirt sleeves rolled up when the temperature is in minus degrees! Barmy, I know.

Anyway, I'm sure I've bored you enough now so until tomorrow. Remember a useless (or useful if you want to be less random) piece of knowledge you hear - you never know when it can come in handy.. A bientot!




No comments:

Post a Comment