Wednesday 15 February 2012

How paper is going to make me money..

I've made it to the middle of the holidays. If this was a school week I would begin cheering up considerably as it means the weekend is on its way. Unfortunately this week it means school is on its way so its having the opposite effect; cheering down has commenced.

This morning I spent about an hour and a half on the Wii. Firstly on Wii Fit Plus to get my exercise up as during the holiday I generally eat but then make no effort to burn any of it off. Then Just Dance 2 - a word to this wise if you live in a busy street, don't do it in your front room (this isn't from personal experience by the way, just what I've heard). Personally I think it was a good workout.

I then started making another flower because that's what I do if I'm bored and have paper lying about. It can't be boring plain paper though. Today's flower was made out of Strawberry Chewits wrappers. I think it looks pretty good. Whilst I was gluing it together, I had a thought - this is modern art, therefore I can make money out of this. I mentioned it to my mum, who laughed but I reckon it's only because she's jealous as she can't do it.

So I dated the back of the flower and then went around my room locating the various other flowers I have made over the years (I don't have all of them as I've given some away and others were made out of plain paper which isn't as good) and dated them too. Some were from 2009 and I don't have an exact date for them which is a shame but I've got the month and year on all of them.



 The one on the left is one I made out of last year's Uniform Card from school on some graph paper. The middle one is my exam entry list from Summer made into a flower after I finished my exams as it gave me great joy to rip up my entry sheet. The final one is from 2009 and is made from a school newsletter called The Causeway and a slip I had to get filled in so I could leave part way through the day to play in a netball match. These are all school-related as that's pretty much made up my life so far but I have made a few others over the years.

My plan is to continue making these flowers out of bits of paper, like Chewits wrappers or pieces of paper people have doodled on and collect them - like a scrapbook of memories, kind of. I almost always stick them on some sort of backing, like the graph paper, where I can write the memory/what its made of and the date.

My friends are currently decorating a 'petal' for me so I can make flower out of them. This will probably make the most random flower as I've got a mixture of biro, felt tips, pencil crayons, wax crayons and highlighters so far.

I'm going with my family to Lincoln tomorrow to pick up my Dad's new motorbike. He's getting a Ducati, a white one though - our family don't do obvious or typical, especially when it comes to bikes. This will bring our total (including my scooter) back up to 4 as Mum is waiting until March to replace her bike so she gets a '12' reg. Then we will have 5 so we might sell another bike. There is only 3 of us after all.

I'll hopefully be back tomorrow so until then goodbye and keep creative! <-- I've not seen any motivational quotes yet this week so I thought I'd make one up, being creative is great for the mind and apparently it broadens it and widens your horizons. Make of that what you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment