Wednesday 22 February 2012

Chemistry + Skiing + Netball = Great Day!

I have a very short amount of time before my regional match with my U16 (under 16) squad so I thought I would write a brief post for you.

Today I had a grand total of 1 and a half lessons, I didn't count double PE in this, I have double PE every other Wednesday afternoon for 2 hours, as I was skiing and it doesn't really count as a lesson although it is fun. I only had that amount of lessons as a lecturer came from the University of Salford to talk to us about Chemistry - as a bit of a Chemistry geek, I found this highly interesting. Especially when we got to blow things up with liquid Nitrogen. It was really interesting and you could tell the guy had done it before as it had some brilliant, if slightly gruesome, anecdotes and was able to keep a group of 90 odd students entertained for an hour and a half which is no mean feat.

After school, I had my second netball match of the week. I am delighted to say that we won! We all viewed it as revenge for when we played them about 2 years ago and they beat us by a considerable amount so we were happy when we beat them by a considerable amount. This bought it up to 2 wins in 2 matches and I hope it becomes 3 after tonight's match. I play WD/GD (Wing Defence/Goal Defence) in netball but I do occasionally play GK (Goal Keeper) if we are short on defence in the circle. I would explain the rules of netball but I don't think you'd find it particularly interesting but please look it up on Google or another search engine - this is totally off topic but today's Google logo is brilliant, it is celebrating the 155th birthday of Heinrich Rudolf Hertz (Rudolf is a fantastic middle name), the guy who invented Hertz I presume.

Anyway, I need to stop my (almost) daily rambling now as I need to get ready and find some water and Lucozade to keep me going during my match. Regional matches last for an hour so you do end up quite tired by the end. Until tomorrow when I'm sure I will be full of more babble to share with you all, my Twitter is @charly_sedici so feel free to follow me.

No comments:

Post a Comment