Sunday 26 February 2012

A fantastic Saturday

Sorry about the 2 day gap. I spent Friday at school and then I went to James' afterwards. We made pancakes - I know it wasn't Pancake Day but apparently having 5 or 6 just isn't enough. Either way, I didn't get back home until about 10 and I had an early night as I had a busy Saturday ahead.

Saturday was fun! I got up early, almost school day time - which would be depressing normally - to go to a scooter taster session for an hour. This was my first (third technically but I'm not going to get into that) time on a scooter. I went with a friend, Caitlin, we learnt about the controls on the bike and then got to ride around a car park turning and stopping etc. It sounds boring but it was so much fun, we both had smiles on our faces for the rest of the day. Caitlin has never had anything to do with motorbikes before and she loved it. She has now applied for her licence and is planning on taking her CBT (Compulsory Basic Training). I booked my CBT on Saturday because I'm pretty much destined to ride a motorbike. My dad has always had at least 3 bikes in the garage and these change regularly and my mum passed her test last June. I've been going on motorbikes since I was 6 so I love it to pieces and they are nowhere near as bad as people make them out to be or think they are. Yes, you could die on a motorbike but you could also die driving a car, walking across a road or even along a pavement, on an aeroplane or even on a train. And lets face it, we're all going to die someday anyway.

Anyway, after the hours session, I went into work and stayed there until about 4. My parents and I then visited my cousin as it was her birthday and we stayed and chatted to my aunt and uncle for a bit. Afterwards, we went to see my Granddad as another aunt and cousin had come down from York to see him as my cousin, Roisin, is moving back to Sweden as she has accepted her old job back. We stayed at my Granddad's until about half 7. Firstly, I talked with my cousin and my aunt as I haven't seen them for a while then I helped my Granddad with his puzzle for half an hour. He's been trying to complete it since Christmas and boy could I see why. The bit he had left was pretty much all the same colour with ever so slight variations in hue. He then began to make dinner, we weren't staying but I helped because he does it all by himself normally and only having one side of your body that works can impair you. So I had my master class in cutting up vegetables from Granddad. It was one of those rare times when you could quite happily work in silence without it being awkward. After we'd finished we went back to talk to my parents, cousin and aunt.

On the way home we got chips from one of our local chippys. They were lovely, we watched a couple of programs on TV together as well. All in all it was a really good day even though it seems incredibly mundane.

Back to school tomorrow, 44 days left now. Enjoy your evening and I'll update you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment