Sunday 19 February 2012

Planning is key. Apparently

I've spent the day doing homework which cleverly I left until the last day and other school related things. An example of another school-related activity I have done today is making a countdown for the number of school days I have left until I go on study leave. I looked up the holidays and inset days - not to be confused with insect days - and worked out I have 48 days left now. Which isn't a long time if you think about it.

I'm going to pack my bag in a bit and make sure I've got all my uniform ready. Yeah, our school has a uniform. For girls, it consists of a plain white blouse that can be buttoned all the way to the neck (not that many people actually do their top button up), a black tie with green and white stripes - some people, myself included, wear different ties that we have earnt by playing sport at county level or above and they are a sign of recognition, I guess; they are green with yellow stripes with the school badge on - either plain black trousers or a skirt that should not be more than 3" above the knee (most girls don't adhere to this rule) and a plain black v-neck jumper if you would like to wear one. No cardigans are allowed but, once again, most girls wear a cardigan occasionally - they still look smart so personally I don't see the problem. To top off our uniform, we have to wear a hideously unflattering blazer which cannot be fitted so you end up looking like a boy with huge shoulders. Needless to say, girls often don't wear their blazers. Come to think of it, not many boys do either.

Anyway, I'm off and if you enjoy reading books please don't read Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha. It's slow moving and repetitive. Also the ending is a massive anti-climax. If you want to read it, that's fine but don't say I didn't warn you if you find it boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment