Monday 27 February 2012

I Believe In Sherlock and excellent planning

School was unbelievably mundane. Actually, it's school so maybe 'unbelievably' isn't the right word. Maybe 'believably' would be a better one.

Anyway, I saw a piece of graffiti today saying 'I Believe In Sherlock, Moriarty Is Real'. If you don't understand this you missed a fantastic television series. The BBC aired a series written by Steven Moffat called Sherlock based on Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. The second series ended on a massive cliff-hanger which left everyone desperate for the next series. It also cast a lot of doubt into people's minds as to whether Sherlock (played magnificently by Benedict Cumberbatch) was a fraud and whether he'd made up James Moriarty, his fiercest rival.

Of course, this left poor John in a mess especially as Sherlock appeared to have committed suicide at the end but he was adamant that Sherlock was not a fraud. He believed in Sherlock and this lead to a mass following where people would stick up posters, graffiti and post things saying things like 'I Believe In Sherlock', 'We Believe In Sherlock', 'Support John's War', 'Moriarty Is Real' and 'Sherlock Isn't A Fraud'. So, I now show my support.

I BELIEVE IN SHERLOCK!

I decided to make a stencil to put onto a canvas with 221bELIEVE (Sherlock Holmes lives at 221b Baker Street if you didn't know). The original plan was to give it to a friend for their birthday but then I realised that I'd actually quite like it so I'm now undecided. Maybe I'll make multiple canvases.

Oooh, maybe I could make money from them! Now that's an exciting thought to end on

No comments:

Post a Comment