Tuesday 21 February 2012

Its been a busy Tuesday... bring on tomorrow!

Yesterday I had nothing to say so I didn't post. However, today is Pancake Day (or Shrove Tuesday) and is the last day before lent. Also I've got things to write about so on with today's post.

I got my MENSA results this morning and I'm in the top 4% of the country! I was really happy and although I didn't get into MENSA, I'm happy with my IQ and also I don't think I could deal with being a genius. I'm sure it brings lots of pressure. One of my best friends, Ellen, got an IQ of 162!! Which is amazing and officially makes her a genius and a total nerd in our eyes (when I say our, I am referring to me and Ellen's other friends, who are also my friends), a fact she isn't overjoyed about.

Also, I continued with my tech project today. You know, the lamp, in the shape of a toadstool. Anyway, I finished the third foot today and marked out and drilled the holes for them to be attached. I also began polishing them - they look amazing when they're polished!

At lunch, I had a meeting where I was asked to help at 'Race Night' which is a massive fundraiser event the school hold every year to help raise money for the trip year 12 students take to Uganda to help with a project our school has been doing for the past 5 years - the first trip was in 2007. I was asked to help as I am part of the Year 11 Uganda Junior Committee (UJC). You get the chance to go to Uganda and help maintain the orphanage we own and another one we co-own with the Ugandan government, build sections of the orphanage if needed and help the orphans and the people in that area. It looks like such an amazing trip and it helps people too but the school can only take 28 people so its tough to get in to the team. I'll be working in the kitchens with other members of the Yr11 UJC for the majority of the night and also working with one of the Uganda Team that are going in the Summer. I can't wait, it should be good fun.

As it is Shrove Tuesday today, a fact I pointed out earlier - I did, have a look, its in the second sentence I wrote - I have been thinking all day what I am going to give up for Lent. My dad unhelpfully suggested that I give up texting or just my mobile in general. That idea was shot down in flames. I think I may give up Coca-Cola because its unhealthy and also having that first glass after Lent is sooo nice. I may also give up chocolate because it is also unhealthy and I'm pretty sure I eat way too much of it. But on a different note, pancakes for dinner tonight! I love them so much and I really do wish that we had more pancake days because they're tasty!

I have 2 netball matches tomorrow, a school match and also a regional match with my club, Pennines, for the U16 squad. This means that my post will be super brief or non-existent so I shall apologise in advance for that. Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday, your pancakes and think hard about what you're going to give up for Lent - it always tastes better after 40 days of not having it.

No comments:

Post a Comment