Sunday 11 March 2012

Too much Music

Before I get on with the actual point of this post I thought I'd tell you a little bit about my daily living recently.

I've begun making another bracelet. I made one a few months ago and I just had a random burst of spontaneity so I started making another. It's only got 3 strands, a teal one, a mustard yellow one and a brown one. I think it looks quite nice. I will let you know how I get on with it as I'll be doing it when I have a few minutes to spare. If I was working continuously, I think a 16/17cm bracelet (my wrist size is 16cm so I normally make them that size) would take me an evening. You've got to make them neat and tight see. That's what takes time.

I've got my CBT on Friday. I'm super excited. If I pass, hopefully I will, I'll soon be whizzing (that's probably not the best word, its only a 50cc and the top speed is about 35mph) around. The idea of a CBT is to train people who want to ride motorbikes how to be safe on the road and what dangers to look out for on the road. I'll spend the morning on a car park weaving through cones and doing various manoeuvres and then if the instructor thinks I'm competent and that I wouldn't be a danger to myself or others on the road, in the afternoon I can go out on the road with an instructor who will tell me to do various things via a radio connecting my helmet with the instructors. It should be good fun, especially if I pass.

I don't know whether anybody else has this problem but my iPod only holds 4GB (supposedly) of data but I have 1531 songs in my iTunes library which is 8.5GB of data and choosing what makes the cut and what does not is really difficult as I listen to the majority of the songs a lot. I try to keep updating it and changing the music on my iPod but my library isn't getting any smaller, in fact its growing by the day as I add more and more music to it.

My music library is at least double the size of all of my friends' libraries and the main reason for this, I think, is the fact I've not only got all of the stuff from when my lifetime and all the music I like (which is pretty varied in itself), I've also got the stuff I have grown up with which is all my dad's music as well. For example, I've got George Harrison's album All Things Must Pass and multiple Beatles albums featuring alongside bands like Busted, R.E.M and Oasis. Crosby Stills Nash and Young have also recently been uploaded along with Simon and Garfunkel and Ed Sheeran. So most people say I've got an eclectic music taste as I've got almost 50 years worth of music in my iTunes library whereas most of my friends have the latest music on theirs.

Obviously, this then becomes a massive problem when you try and decide what songs and albums to upload onto my iPod. The only solution I can see as a logical way forward is to get a new iPod with a bigger memory but I can't get rid of my current iPod as its got that worn look as its been bashed and dropped and it fits perfectly into my hand unlike any other iPod could. So for now, until I get up the courage to exchange it for a newer one (and also the money to actually buy a new one), I've made a load of playlists which I mix and match and I update and sync my iPod as often as I can. Which isn't actually that often as I always forget to do it.

My library will of course keep on growing as I get older, I still listen to songs from my childhood, and I recently emptied out my dad's CD cupboard and took about 40 odd CDs and I also bought another CD yesterday as I thought the band looked quite good.

Currently, I am searching for a record player as the family one has mysteriously disappeared and no one seems to remember what we did with it. My dad has around 200 vinyls and they are coming back into fashion it seems what with the Kaiser Chiefs and Coldplay amongst others releasing their latest albums on vinyl as well as releasing them on the Internet and in CD form. Please let me know if you see a cheap one going.

Until whenever folks. Keep listening to music, especially the words. The lyrics are more often than not the best part of the song and some songs will be linked to a memory you have making them even more special. Keep tuned in and stay on the lookout for old or new songs that you could fall in love with!

No comments:

Post a Comment