Tuesday 6 March 2012

Motorbike count now equals 4

I'm still attempting to finish my Statistics coursework. I'm still failing. Majorly.

My dad has sold another bike today, the man has just been to pick it up so it was goodbye to the Yamaha Teneré. This brings down our total to 4 (including my scooter) as we also sold the Moto Guzzi last week. The four we have now are: Mum's Kawasaki Versys (she picked it up on Thursday as she's got a 12 plate), Dad's new Ducati Multistrada 1100s (its new for him, but its a 10 reg I believe), the ever-faithful BMW F800R (in orange - its beautiful) and the wonderfully amazing 50cc scooter, Noah the Neos. Yes, I named my scooter Noah. Its a Yamaha if you were wondering. That's the past month (ish) in motorbike terms for us.

I had a bit of a rant yesterday whilst watching Top Gear when Jeremy Clarkson, who knows nothing about bikes and completely detests them (you will know this if you've ever watched the Vietnam Special), said motorbicycles. I mean, seriously, motorbicycles?! That's unheard of. I doubt its even a correct name for them. Motorcycles, fine. Motorbikes, fine. Motorbicycles, so not fine.

Anyway, to replace the Teneré, we are currently looking at a Triumph Scrambler. In green. Its a nice green though, Google it. A lot of you are probably now thinking 5 bikes? For 3 people?! But that's a good amount of bikes to have. I know you can only ride one at time but its about having the choice. Anyone that has never been linked with bikes or never ridden a bike won't understand this concept and I don't think anyone can ever explain it properly, so I won't even try. Just trust me on this one.

Just a final note on motorbikes - they are not dangerous! More motorbike accidents are caused by car drivers than riders. Bikes aren't dangerous, bad drivers and riders are. Please watch out for motorbikes on the road and treat them as you would any other vehicle. Don't try and squeeze past us because we're 'only a bike', its that sort of mind set and impatience which means that we end up in a ditch or gutter with broken bones.

Now I must get back to this Statistics coursework, until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment