Wednesday 25 April 2012

A Proper Talent Show. At last.

I have a legitimate reason for not posting since the 17th April which I know was over a week ago - the reason is that I have had no internet for over a week and on the 17th we had a spark of internet which I used. It came back online yesterday but it was late on and I had quite a bit of work such as revision to do as I only have 11 days left now! Scary thought.

Whilst my internet has been off, I have been trying to think of something, a specific topic, to write about and I had an absolutely amazing idea but because I've been busy at school, home and every other aspect of my life, I forgot it. So instead you're getting a bit of an outpouring of thought with some parts of what's been happening in my life at the moment coming through. Sorry.

I have fallen in love with The Voice UK - I think it's great that we finally have a talent show that judges people on their voice not how they look, what their story is or what their personality is like. As much as like The X Factor and Britain's Got Talent, the amount of unbelievably shocking people just gets a little monotonous after a while and although there are some true gems, they barely get any air time because they're too busy showing all the crap ones the judges said no to. However, The Voice UK have pre-screened everyone to see whether they're actually good or not and only the good ones actually get onto the show. The set-up of the show is also really original too with the blind auditions followed by the battle rounds and then the lives so the public won't end up voting for the joke acts who have been put there purely because its amusing to watch these people humiliate themselves on national television but they will vote for good people that they actually like and want to see do well in the competition.
I'm not the only person who thinks this either. The fact that the week before last when Britain's Got Talent and The Voice UK overlapped for 20 minutes, The Voice had 4 million more viewers than BGT. 4 million. If that doesn't support my theory that more people like The Voice and think its a great format for a talent show, I'm not sure what does. The Voice UK's viewing numbers have been continuously growing from week 1 as more and more people tune in to find out what all the hype is about. They tune in, then they get hooked.

Ok, I'm sure you're all bored of me going on about The Voice now but if I have managed to get you even a little interested it is on BBC1 at 7pm on Saturday and you can see all of the blind auditions and the battles on youtube. Vince Kidd, Becky Hill and Jaz Ellington are brilliant - well I think they are. I'll stop talking now - until next time (no TV, promise!)

No comments:

Post a Comment