Monday 30 April 2012

My Top Ten... Films

I chose to do another list type thing today, much like the post entitled 'My Life in Letters' posted on 19th March (in case you were interested). But today I have chosen to do my top ten films which is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever done because I've watched and loved hundreds of films and been moved by others too. So I'm not sure how this is going to work but here goes, I'll put an explanation after each and I'll write it in reverse order, so the tension builds - not really, I just thought it'd be a little more interesting.

My Top 10 Films.
10. Love Actually. It's the classic chick flick, what more can I say? It's a brilliant Christmas film too, all about people finally getting together (which is cute)
9. Never Been Kissed. I love this because it's about a journalist who goes back to school and changes from being a nobody at her original time at school to a 'popular' when she returns but she realises it's not all that and pulls through at the end. There's a little bit of a chick flick twist. This film is good for teenagers I think because it shows that being super popular doesn't really amount to much in the end despite everyone pining to be someone is secondary school.
8. Step Up. I just liked the cross over between ballet and street (personally, I think street dancing is much more impressive) and the determined attitude of Tyler (the main male role) to turn his life around and actually make something of it.
7. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I hated the end to this film but it was so moving. I almost cried and that's saying something because I never cry. Well not never, but not at films and books and things.
6. Mean Girls. The ultimate sleepover film. Every time me and my friends have a sleepover we watch this film. We've seen it so many times, I'm pretty sure we all know the majority of the words. Another great sleepover film is Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging.
5. Grease. It has to be the cheesiest, most feel-good musical ever and that's exactly why I love it. The songs are all really catchy too. Apart from the two when Danny and Sandy are being all sad and mourning the loss of the other one.
4. Monty Python's Life of Brian. Funniest film ever. 'He's not the Messiah, he IS the Messiah' Cracks me up every time. Hat's off to the Monty Python crew. It's a different look on religion but you can't take it seriously, it is a comedy after all.
3. How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days. Another chick flick but my mum and I watch it all the time.
2. Top Gun. The opening sequence to this film is the best I've ever seen and my dad agrees (it's the only part of the film he likes - he hates chick flicks). The rest of the film is a little patchy admittedly but I still think it's good.
And finally, number 1 on my top 10 films list is...
Harry Potter. I would name a specific film out of the eight but I can't. I love the series as a whole, I've grown up with the books and the films and have been one of hundreds, maybe even thousands, who have eagerly awaited each book and film release. When I went to the cinema to see the final instalment (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part II), I found it immensely annoying that there was small children there who clearly just didn't understand the pure magic that J.K Rowling created for us all growing up, they just thought it was a merely good film. I doubt that they'd seen the whole series or even read one of the books.

But there you have it, I am a Harry Potter fan - and a proud one at that. It is a film series that has captivated me since day 1 and even though it is all over now, the films (and books) still hold a place in my heart which is why they, as a whole, made it to the number one spot on this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment