Tuesday 17 April 2012

Complete with daisies, grass and white spots

Ooh my last post was on Friday 13th! Sorry to any superstitious folk out there. I've been trying to learn my script for my Spanish speaking exam. I have about 10 sentences left to learn by tomorrow. Hopefully I will manage it and remember it all. Tomorrow is also the day when the final Year 11 photos will be held. There will be a whole year photo with all the form tutors, senior leadership team (head, deputy heads etc) and the other staff that are connected to our year. Also, there will be an individual photo which I will have to get my grandma a copy of because the most recent photo she has of me is from Year 6 and apparently seeing me almost every day isn't good enough. Surely she knows what I look like, why does she need an up-to-date photo? I mean, seeing me in the flesh is the most up-to-date you are ever going to get. But hey, that's my grandma.

I have finished my technology project! For those of you who didn't know, I took Resistant Materials for my technology (RM is like woodwork and metalwork) and for my coursework I had to make something that I have designed following a chosen brief. I chose to make a lamp based on a design era. My lamp is based on a toadstool (you know, the little mushrooms fairies live in) because I thought it would like quite good.

My Mushroom - complete with daisies, grass and white spots
I'm quite proud of it to be honest. All of my group's finished projects look good and you can tell everyone is chuffed with the finished project and relieved that its finally over - it did get quite stressful towards the end as people, myself included unfortunately, were rushing trying to get things finished in time and it seemed like everything was against you and everything that was possible to go wrong did go wrong. Let me know what you think please - I would love some feedback from people who aren't bias towards me, like my parents.

Anyway, I'm off to a netball match in a minute so I best wind up this post now. Hey, I said I'd write a longer post next time - promise kept I think :) - also I think said it would be a little more interesting so I hope this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment