Monday 21 July 2014

Mother and Daughter Photoshoot

So on Friday, I went to a Mother and Daughter photo shoot which was a very weird experience for us both I think but it was great fun.

We arrived at the studios completely bare-faced as they had asked us to put no make up on. I really did not like walking through town with no make up on, I always have at least mascara on but never mind. I didn't see anyone I know so it's fine.
We then went up to the make-up studio bit and had all our make up done professionally. There was a lot of foundation due to the lights and the camera but I loved my eye make-up! It was more than I would usually wear but I thought my eyes stood out and looked quite blue with it on which was really nice. My mum looked amazing when she'd had all of hers done.
We also had our hair done. We both went for curls because it suits us better than poker straight hair and looks a bit more natural too. Once all the hair and make up was done we got our outfits and went into the photo shoot room.

We wore about 4 different outfits and it was actually quite fun once you got over the initial awkwardness. Afterwards, we packed up our stuff, booked in for our viewing and then walked back to the car. Once we'd dropped off our stuff, we started looking for somewhere where we could have a late lunch (very late - it was about 4 o'clock).
We ended up at the Pitcher & Piano and had 3 grazers and a drink each. We were going to have cocktails but we thought we better not. We had halloumi cheese, chicken and chorizo skewers and mini fishcakes which were all really nice and the lunch was really lovely.

As we were all dolled up, we went out as a family for a meal and went to Ask Italian in Ashby which was lovely, mum's food definitely looked the nicest though! We did take off the foundation before we went out though as it was a little too heavy for normal wear.
To finish the day off, I went to the pub with some friends to celebrate an 18th which was a great way to end the day.

I don't know if we'll buy any of the photos but it'd be nice if I had one just for the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment